Remember when I was going to blog about our wedding
EPIC FAIL.....I suck.....
Here is us in a nutshell bought a house..bought another dog.....got married November 5, 2011.....Honeymooned in Hawaii and had a blast. PS I love paddle boarding!!!
Now on to the real blogging and then pictures......SO I have always had a love for antique thrifting.....I see potential and want to re-do it but I have never had time!!! Until now ladies and gentlemen Who am I kidding men don't read this I have time!!! I am loving this new hobby of mine
Meet THE vanity I found at a local antique thrift store
I know what you are thinking?!?!?!? She got screwed....but I SO didn't
It had the mirror attached too but I took it off Another project another time
So first step....Strip it baby
This stuff is the best....for wood.....not so great on particle board :|
Goes on like a gel set for 15 minutes and scrape off
Can you see that wonderfulness????
Solid Walnut....score
Yes that is herringbone.....I will break your heart now and tell you that I couldn't save this fabulous-ness it was too trashed and I just couldn't sand it all the way.....tear tear
I will say I gave it my best shot
Sand sand sand......clean with shop vac....prepare to paint
Paint yourself.....I searched and searched tips for painting on pinterest and blogs and found this beauty at
http://www.amandacarolathome.com/2011/04/dresser-makeover.html
I wanted that stain like I wanted my last meal to be pancakes.....I went to Lowe's just like the blog instructed I bought it
AND
I didn't like it :( Fail.....
now what?!?!?!?!
Well I love turquoise and I have this cool spray paint and this stain that I HAD to have.....experimentation started and resulted in this beauty!!!
I am so in love with my new vanity turned desk :)
knobs bought here
So a little turquoise paint brushed on lightly
then
spray with some gold spray paint found here
then
brush some stain on and wash and rough it up with rag
YES I made it all in my head and did not find a tutorial but I love it and I hope you do too
xoxo.....next up THE dresser
No comments:
Post a Comment