Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lazy....

Ok.....I have been lazy....not lazy in the not doing anything kind of way....lazy in the house crafting department

BUT I have been working like a crazy woman outside in the "yard." I put yard in quotes because basically it is weeds :( Welcome to foreclosure life....long process!

So little projects....

Remember those shelves I was talking about??? Laundry room heaven
IN LOVE.....so cheap and so easy! It now is holding dryer sheets and my iron also. 
Crates purchased at my trusty antique/thrift store downtown 3 for $15....please and thank you...or shall I say....gracias'

Next up on the list was that darn bed skirt I have been procrastinating on FOREVER....but I was sick of seeing the royal blue box spring so I got myself in gear 

I love it! It hides the dust under the bed and voila' 
I attached it with velcro I sewed the soft iron on velcro to the fabric and then steamed it on also with iron...I then attached the rough side of the velcro to the box spring with the iron also....It held pretty good and when I want to wash it there is no craziness of lifting the million pound cal king mattress.....SCORE
Ruffled fabric purchased here 

Next up.....inspiration from pinterest for flower clips
I work at a local Children's Hospital so basically anything goes for work attire and the kids love it! So big flower headbands are appropriate and so are super hero t-shirts 

I made these
They work but I def need to refine them because the flower is floppy 

Flower made by a yo-yo maker from JoAnns 
Bobby pin clips from JoAnns also 
Hot glue 
RIng bling in the center...flat backs also purchased from JoAnns 

Anyone watching Bachelorette? 
I'm addicted and I am ok with it....I have watched EVERY season with the exception of Ben....I didn't like him! I tried to watch but never got into it...So i guess I ruined my biggest fan record :| O well....EMILY is amazing!

My prego bf Erin was craving my ginger krinkle cookies and rice krispy treats....SO I made them for Bachelorette night...man I rock in the good friend category...you should check out her blog by clicking on her name above it is SO cute...I envy her crafting ability for sure....she is the one who got me going in the craft department that is for sure....BofA bankers knitting in the back room...we are old souls at heart


PS who is your favorite on guy on Bachelorette? 
I like Arie I am calling it...he wins...we shall see if I predict the future or not 

I did make this apron for a certain someone....who might read this so I can't tell who....I hope she likes it...Fabric courtesy of Erin's leftovers :) 


Last but not least my thrifting finds.....

Exhibit A: chippy paint USA love...no clue where this is going but I had to have it for $10 


ABC chalkboard...too cute to pass up for 5 bucks! 

Remember how I tried to convince you I haven't been lazy in all departments...well ladies and gentlemen I stacked wood like a champion 


I was so proud of myself! Don't judge that I justified that...one....I was cleaning, two....working out, and three.....getting a tan in the process.....doesn't everyone stack wood in a bikini?

Until next time....I might have been convinced by Erin to make a quilt we shall see...I am drooling over this fabric 


Beautiful right?!?!? 

One last picture of my photogenic dog


He is such a HAM....I love both of our dogs equally however, Sam is terribly NOT photogenic! 

xoxoAmanda 

PS.....I am not a language major or writer so don't judge :)







2 comments:

  1. you make me laugh. i love how you write just like you talk :) CUTE post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....it is a terrible thing in the college world! My mom would proof-read my papers and just laugh

      Delete