Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trip to the Coast

My mom and I set out on a journey over to the coast to get some wedding planning done. On our agenda: flowers, rentals, cake, and going to the Ranch. 

Ranch got scratched due to rain 
Flowers booked with Jenny McNiece. Our meeting with her was absolutely perfect she totally got the image I was going for. 
Floral Cuffs for the Grandma's 
Sunflower Wands with burlap for Stella and Liv 
My vintage bouquet 
No boutonnières for the men (I don't like them :|) 
Pomander balls in Sunflowers and kermit mums to hang from the chairs of the aisle

Bouquet of sunflowers for bridesmaids with burlap wrapping 
like the ones on the side here but WAY better burlap wrapping 

NEXT we were on to the cake tasting....
Laurie and I quite enjoyed ourselves. Mom on the other hand is going "thru" celiac disease testing so she could not taste. WE made up for her. 

I decided on carrot cake for Justin and I's small cake and we will have cupcake tower 
like the top tier here with honeysuckle vine wrapped around the base 
kind of like this....but not haha 
cupcake flavors: white with raspberry frosting, carrot, and devil's food 
let me tell you the cake and cupcakes are going to be AMAZING! 
I am so excited and more excited to eat them :) 

Yes, we all know I am a dessert whore and all but YUM YUM! 

Rentals: ugh first let me start by saying my caterer is fabulous she met me there to make sure we have it all. She recommended we went to Taylor Rentals in Paso Robles. 

I had met another rental place at the Bridal Show Got You Cover'd and I don't know why but I liked them. I had a good feeling 

But, by the recommendation I went to the Taylor Rental appointment we had set up after I took a peak at the inventory at Got You Cover'd haha

So, we get to Taylor and we go over everything now remind you just by naked eye Got You Cover'd had nicer rentals. However, I was open. Almost two hours later we had our quote in hand and I was going over it questioning items that were a lot and being told, "well ya you are requesting special order colors." Ummm.....since when was champagne a special order color?? and why didn't you tell me before I wasted 2 hours here???
FRUSTRATING! 
they were not budging on price/negotiation.....SO I pulled out my quote from Got You Cover'd and low and behold they wanted to match their pricing plus 10% more off. 
hmmm...don't know about you all but I HATE that 10 seconds ago you said, "no way we are practically giving it to you at cost."

So, I decided to leave with the revised quote and matched pricing and think it over for a few days. 

I got in contact with Got You Cover'd asked them to match the 10% off  Taylor Rentals was giving me. Email and phone calls back and forth they could not match the 10%. They are a family owned business and just couldn't do it in these economic times. 

Decision time: I decided to go with Got You Cover'd yes, it was a tad but more expensive BUT they have better reviews, the lady didn't piss me off with "special order" crap, they tried to work with me , and I like the family owner aspect of their business. 

We are having champagne table cloths with purple napkins for guests. Sweetheart table for J and I purple linen with handmade napkins by yours truly (will post pictures later). Cocktail tables in purple with burlap ribbon to wrap around base. Mason Jars as water glasses and all the typical other stuff. 
AKA: utensils, wine glass, champagne glass, plates etc.  

We also spur of the moment went to the salon where I am planning to get ready 
Walking in......totally in awe how beautiful the salon is. My mom, Laurie and I were all in shock we were not expecting this. 
They also have a loft and a bistro connected to salon. We are planning on renting the apartment loft for the night before the wedding for myself and any bridesmaid who wants to join. I am thinking glass of wine and a relaxing night before I become Mrs. Wilson! 

Ps....downtown Paso is beyond cute! We ate at a fabulous little cafe for lunch and went antique shopping the rest of the day. I found the perfect little wood wagon for the girls if they can't walk, Little G can pull them in it down the aisle. 
I wanted everything in every antique store....BUT we need a house first then I can decorate. I do not need to load up on decor before I have the house I remind myself of that daily.
just like the one on the right but more antique looking 

Now.....should I or shouldn't I have a photobooth? hmmmmm






No comments:

Post a Comment